Still Working On Me....

3:37 PM

.I'm still here.
I know It's been too long since my last update.
!Apologies!
It is sometimes tricky to find the time to sit and gather my thoughts 
and search my heart, and then condense that into WORDS.

I actually can NOT believe we are already near the end of June.
This summer is zooming by!
I have made some fabulous progress this past month, however!
I have hit some incredible milestones I'm excited to share with you!
A terrific one being I have finally said goodbye to the 200's
and HELLO to the 100's!
I'm officially under 200 lbs!
Another wonderful tidbit, I can actually get my wedding band on!
It is still a bit snug, so maybe by the end of July I will be able to 
wear it again comfortably and proudly!
Also, I am so excited about where I am in this journey on an emotional and spiritual level.
We were able to share and learn more about body image 
at our last HealthyU  group meeting.
I can tell you from my own personal experience, 
this struggle with weight goes beyond just working out and eating right.  
I am really making it a point to work on myself from the inside out.
The physical changes that come with the shift in my mindset are an absolute bonus!

I received an unexpected bit of encouragement from a dear friend, whom knows me so well!
Unfortunately, time and life have gotten in the way and we are not able to catch up like we once did.
It meant SO much to me.
She shared the song "Unfinished" by Mandisa.
I wanted to share the lyrics because they honestly tell my story...

and I can imagine, yours too


"Not scared to say it
I used to be the one
Preaching it to you
That you could overcome
I still believe it
But it ain't easy
'Cause that world I painted
Where things just all work out
It started changing
And I started having doubts
And it got me so down
But I picked myself back up
And I started telling me
No, my God's not done
Making me a masterpiece
He's still working on me
He started something good and I'm gonna believe it
He started something good and He's gonna complete it
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished
I'm just unfinished
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished
I know His history
And the kind of God He is
He might make it a mystery
But He's proving I can trust in Him
And yeah,…"



I've always loved finding songs that speak to me, or tell a story.  You've probably noticed by now I enjoy songs that encourage and inspire.  It is something my dad did with my sister and I growing up.  Now I do the same with my girls.  Every since my friend shared this song with me it never fails I hear it come over the radio.
It is such a great reminder.
I am UNFINISHED.
I could have stopped.  
I could have accepted, stuck.
I could have settled on defeat.
BUT
I PICKED MYSELF BACK UP

.." I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished"

.still slaying dragons.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images