Seeking BALANCE

9:58 AM

It has been a busy, busy past two weeks for my family and myself!
  We MOVED.  
There is still much work to be done, however for now we have most things in order and we are excitedly and gratefully getting settled into our new home.


Here are my precious girls, happy as can be!


So, most of us have moved (or helped someone else) in our lifetime.  There is of course the expected work load such as packing, cleaning, and then unpacking and more cleaning and the putting away!  As glorious as the new home is, the reality is it is HARD work moving.
We are so thankful for ALL the help we've had along the way from family and friends.
THANK YOU!

I knew is the midst of the chaos I would need to stick to my eating plan.  
I would WANT to stick to my exercise plan. 
We were busy.  
I would need to be flexible with my time.

I'm proud to report, I DID stick to my eating and exercise plan!
Prepping my meals ahead made all the difference.  Knowing I would be extra busy I prepared more meals than normal and made sure to have extras.
I even made it to the gym.
I did have to be flexible with my gym time, but I know I made up for movement going up and down the stairs and getting up and down as I cleaned and packed.

I did feed my wonderful help PIZZA.  I think they were pleased, kids and adults both!
Thankfully, I have never liked pizza enough for it to ruin my flow!

I am so happy that I was able to maintain a sense of balance over the last 2 weeks!
That is my victory.
#slayingdragons

________________________________________________________
Last Thursday at our Healthy U meeting, we talked briefly about balance.
BALANCE.
I have been chasing this concept my entire adult life.
Finding a feeling of harmony that includes my spiritual, family, financial, intellectual, personal growth, and health has always been a challenge for me.
I have often seen the balance scales used to illustrate the see-saw effect.
That is MY life.
Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of letting something important slip while focusing and developing something else that SEEMS more important at the time.
Therefore, I often feel like I'm starting over.

I shared with my group this year long journey (for me) isn't just about my weight.
I want to work on my WHOLE self.  That takes more effort than any diet, or workout.
One day at a time.
One prayer at a time.
One bite at a time.
One step at a time

.....it ALL adds up.




For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images