Live Like You're Loved

2:05 PM

I've meant to take the time to sit at my desk and write for a week.  Ok, two.
It isn't that I have been uninspired or that I've lacked for words.
Rather, I haven't been sure how I wanted to put to words my latest victory.
Sure, if you follow me on social media you already know about the weight loss.
This has been in part, a piece of my latest victory.
I don't always talk about the work I've been doing over the past 3 months.
I have a hard time both accepting compliments and talking about myself.
I've never felt comfortable with either.
However, I know that most people don't perceive it as bragging, I just never want to be misunderstood as seeming to have "all the answers."
I certainly do not.
I am learning everyday.
Annnd, we are all going to experience the SAME thing in a different way.
So here is my regime that has help me shed those 50lbs!.
I've really made it a habit to visit the gym at least 4-5 days per week.
I like to do the group classes.  I am quiet. And not the most outgoing.
However, I love the energy that is generated in a group class.
So, I just follow the group fitness schedule offered at my gym, Total Fitness.
It works for me to go in the morning after I drop my two oldest girls at school.
The little one has learned to love the social hour (most days) that she gets while mommy moves.
Monday -Pump
Tuesday- Piyo
Wed- Yoga
Thurs- Piyo
Friday- Pump
I also include at least 3 days of 20-30 minute run time before or after a class.
I like the routine I have established for now.  I'm getting two days of weight training.  A day of great restoration in yoga. And two days of Piyo which offers a low-impact cardio burn with stretching and flexibility.  So far my body is responding wonderfully to this series of workouts.
Occasionally (who am I kidding) my schedule changes due to activities or events with the kids.
Most of the time I just make up for it on a Saturday morning or I have on occasion went in to the gym and joined in on an evening group class.
I'm striving for consistency but I have really allowed myself the mental flexibility that is necessary when you're trying to manage fitness and family :)
I also continue to eat as clean as possible.  Again. My ultimate goal is NOT to eat the same 5 foods for an entire year.  That is just me.  Instead, I eat a variety of real, whole foods.  I occasionally "splurge" and add in something that doesn't follow my whole eating plan on the weekends and I enjoy a meal or treat.
That is realistic.  That works for me.
I want to say that I understand that creating a healthy lifestyle is a process.  I don't have it all figured out.  There are some days that aren't as easy as others.  
However, I see something different in myself this time.  
Yes, I said "this time" because it isn't the first or only time in my life that I have made a healthy change.  There is, or can be a perception of bondage that is created in ones life when tying to eat healthy and exercise.  I know, because I have lived it.  In the past I failed because I was too hard on myself, I didn't practice grace.  Instead I was often rigid, set impractical expectations, and would strive for perfection.  I would end up defeated, believing I was a failure.
......My life today.....
I have so much to be grateful for. Remember, my journey is holistic; mind, body, and spirit. I have the opportunity to be free from the bondage of failure I created based on lies.  This time I have the support of 11 other adults who have declared their health to be number one priority in their life.  I have the support of my family and church.  Most importantly, I have witnessed the power of Truth.  Truth has the power to overcome every lie.  
God's love is unconditional.
#itsoktolivelikeyou'vebeensetfree
"His love has made you more than enough
so go ahead and be who he made you to be
and live like you're loved"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images