Busy

2:36 PM

bus·y
/ˈbizē/
adjective
  1. 1.  having a great deal to do


This has been the going theme in my life the last few weeks...
okay.
Months.
(who am I kidding, I have 3 kids..this.is. my. life.)
Despite the "busy" I have continued to stick to my commitment and make time.

It became clear to me last year, that when life gets busy and things come up
(cue, stress)
I tend to revert to the caregiver role and forget to make time for myself as well.

So far this year I have made time to...
still be mom and wife first, of course
but also time for
the gym
food prep
healthy u meetings
meditation and daily prayer
training and completing a 5k
the girls' activities -church, dance, school
healthy U 1st quarter evaluations
and numerous other people and things that I could add to my list...

I've created some great habits along the way.
I've established a solid routine that seems to allow for all most all of these things.
I have a husband who is my biggest support and the BEST dad to our girls.
I have my God, His grace is enough as I stumble through most days.

I've learned so much already.
There is enough time in the day to take some for just me
My worst enemy is my negative self-talk
I am strong-willed
Relationships and people, their support, are priceless
My family is proud of me
I am not a quitter, I can persevere
I don't mind hard work
I need routine and schedules to keep me on track
.Slaying dragons has really been therapeutic, so far.
I enjoy the journey, so I need not create a permanent destination.
I can be progress in motion.


I'm excited for the summer break,
I'm also nervous for the change in my schedule.
My first priority will be to establish and maintain a summer routine with the girls.
Wake, Eat, Gym, Play, Learn, Move.  Repeat.

I've also set some knew goals for Healthy U moving forward...
As a family, we plan to begin riding bikes together
I want to try out a water aerobics class
and I would also love to compete in a fun run, like Tough Muddder!

As of today, Im down nearly 70 lbs from where I started Jan 1.
I've lost over 50 inches from my body.
(that might be a small person)
As much as I'm proud of this accomplishment, my real victory will come when I reach the point in my life where I know I have slain the dragon of self-doubt.
I've lost the weight before but didn't see true victory because I still didn't believe it was enough.
This year my goal is to conquer the fears and doubts that drive me back to my defeated, over-weight self.
That is NOT who I am.

 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images